OPEN POSITION: Sr. Mechanical Engineer (Part-time)
If you are interested in working at Titanium Falcon, you’ve come to the right place. We focus on reinventing the daily interaction between users and technology. Our innovations make these simple movements natural, uncluttered, and fun. We are pioneers in the design and development of next generation devices, as well as the creation of new solutions for making the world of tech a more open and connected place. In a nutshell, we specialize in completely immersive experiences, with both wearable devices and the virtual world.
Product Design/Mechanical Engineer to lead design, development, and validation of wearable technologies.
Core Responsibilities: This design engineer will own the end-to-end mechanical development and integration of different modules into a product, with responsibilities including:
- Brainstorming design concepts and executing design concepts in all phases of a development cycle
- Generating innovative designs with cross-functional teams
- Defining mechanical component outlines and assembly schemes
- Communicating cross-functionally on design directions and requirements
- Generating dimensional and tolerance analysis
- Developing design and process with external vendors; acting as technical liaison among vendors
- Managing and tracking multiple priorities within schedule requirements and ability to drive multiple vendors towards common project goals
- Prototype bring-up, debug and characterization
- Participating in the development of new manufacturing processes
- Conducting design reviews and driving file release process
- Design validation and characterization from prototype bring-up to product testing
- Driving failure analyses and design of experiments (DOEs) to reach design solutions and corrective actions
- Driving design towards Titanium Falcon’s cosmetic requirements
Education BSME required; MSME preferred
Key Qualifications • The ideal candidate will have 4+ years of hands-on product design experience in wearables, consumer electronic products or modules in a high volume production environment; direct experience with wearable technology is highly preferred. • 3D CAD experience required, NX preferred • Scientific method, experimental process, root cause analysis • Applied knowledge in flex circuits, printed circuit boards, material science and basic chemistry is beneficial • Disciplined in GD&T practices with close attention to datum establishment • Excellent written and verbal communication skills and people skills; ability to interact with management, team members and external vendors • Teamwork: the candidate must be able to communicate well with cross-functional team members, be able to efficiently collaborate with team members to achieve project goals, and contribute positively to the engineering community.
If interested, please apply by sending your resume and summary of experience along to: firstname.lastname@example.org